Driving at Berkeley Lab is a special experience that requires extra attention. There are twists, turns, ups, downs, and many crosswalks. Bicyclists and pedestrians are on the move, as are deer and flocks of turkeys. The roadways are narrow, the terrain steep, and construction activities can bring everything to a halt. Please use extra care when driving at Berkeley Lab – we value your safety and that of your fellow employees.
- Observe the speed limit
- Watch for pedestrians and cyclists on the road
- Look before opening your car door
- Yield to pedestrians in crosswalks
- Allow at least 3 feet when passing cyclists
- Use your turn signals
- Keep intersections and crosswalks clear in front of your vehicle
- The speed limit at Berkeley Lab is 25 mph or less, depending on terrain
- Drive predictably and defensively!